Victoria University (VU), Melbourne was established in 1916 as Footscray Technical School. After successive mergers with TAFE colleges across Melbourne’s western suburbs, Victoria University of Technology was established in 1990 and renamed Victoria University in 2005. Today, VU is one of the largest and most culturally diverse education institutions in Australia and one of the only five multi-sector universities offering vocational education (TAFE) and higher education courses. VU now has more than 48,000 enrolled students, which includes more than 13,400 international students studying its courses in Australia or with its partner institutions offshore. More than 2700 academics, teaching and general staff join with the University’s students to make VU a university that is excellent, engaged and accessible. VU maintains strong links with local communities, government and industry, and is distinctive because of its transformational role in improving the lives of people and communities, especially in the western metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Campuses of Victoria University
Victoria University campuses are located across Melbourne’s western suburbs and the city centre. The University has also set up a campus in Sydney. Victoria University campuses have purpose-built learning environments, the latest technology, state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, a full range of sports and recreation facilities plus plenty of space to relax and enjoy campus life. Victoria University has 11 campuses and they are – City Flinders, City Flinders Lane, City King, City Queen, Footscray Nicholson, Footscray Park, Melton, Newport, St Albans, Sunshine, Werribee and an international campus in Sydney called VU Sydney.
Campuses of Victoria University
- The institute provides excellent teaching skills.
- VU provides student services and disability services to their students.
- It fosters education for sustainability in its teaching, learning and research methodologies.
- The university is committed to improving their environmental sustainability performance.
- They assist students in achieving their educational goals.
- The university provides counseling services to the students.
- They offer excellent student support services
Facilities at Victoria University
- Prayer rooms
- Computer and internet access
- Veterinary Clinic
Faculties of Victoria University
- Faculty of Arts, Education and Human Development (Higher Education)
- Faculty of Business and Law (higher Education)
- Faculty of Health, Engineering and Science (Higher Education)
Career Planning at Victoria University
Career planning is an essential part of preparing for work and finding a job. Victoria University helps students plan their career by making students:
- Assess their skills, interests and what they value in a job.
- Research available jobs, industries and employment trends.
- Establish career goals and strategies to achieve them.
Career Development Services at Victoria University
Victoria University provides a range of job-seeking services for students and recent graduates including:
- One-on-One careers counseling
- Review of job applications
- Events and workshops, and
- Career planning