Wellington Institute of Technology was established in 2001 by an amalgamation between Central Institute of Technology and Hutt Valley Polytechnic. WelTec’s business, industry and professional partnerships are of enormous benefit to students. WelTec offer a comprehensive range of education to almost 11,000 students each year.
WelTec delivers practical, relevant qualifications designed to enhance students career and employment options. The teaching staff are specialists and researchers in their fields and they are investing in exciting new technology to ensure that the institute remain at the leading edge of training and learning in New Zealand.
Campus of Wellington Institute of Technology –
- Petone Campus: WelTec’s main campus is situated in Petone, just a block from the beautifully redeveloped Petone esplanade; about 15 minutes drive from Wellington’s inner city. It is close to playing fields, the beach and Wellington’s beautiful harbor as well as a number of trendy shops and cafes.
- Wellington CBD Campus: WelTec’s Wellington CBD campus is located in the heart of the city on Church Street, off Boulcott Street.
- Auckland Campus: WelTec’s Auckland campus is located in Wellesley Street in Auckland. The campus provides its students with state of art infrastructure.
- Christchurch Campus: WelTec’s campus is located in Christchurch. The campus provides its students with excellent infrastructure and facilities.
Why Choose Wellington Institute of Technology?
- Practical: Students get the best of both worlds with the right combination of theory and practical skills. It connects with employers through practical experience such as case studies, industry partnerships and work experience.
- Relevant: WelTec helps the students to enter the workforce with a range of skills and knowledge relevant to today’s workplace, with qualifications developed in consultation with industry advisory groups and employers.
- In Demand: WelTec helps the students to join the next generation of new professionals and stand out from the crowd with the best mix of theory and practical skills that employers demand.
- High Quality: WelTec certificates, diplomas, degrees and graduate diplomas are NZQA accredited.
- High Tech: WelTec is up to date with the latest technology and the students will have access to leading teaching technology, specialist facilities and cutting edge equipment.
- Expert Attention: Students learn from teaching staff that have a wealth of industry experience and specialist knowledge in their subject areas.
- Close Support: WelTec empower their students to achieve, with a range of support services ranging from academic and learning support to financial, cultural and personal support.
Facilities at Wellington Institute of Technology –
- Health Services
FaScholarships at Wellington Institute of Technology –
WelTec has a wide variety of Scholarships which are offered to students studying WelTec’s courses. At WelTec, they think it is important for students to know that anyone can apply for a scholarship. Students have to meet certain criteria of course, but they don’t necessarily need to be a straight ‘A’ student to qualify, but be passionate and motivated by what it is student are studying and show a willingness to succeed in their area of study.