Admit Card for Village Panchayat Officer Written Examination released on official website of UPSSSS
UPSSSS – The Admit Card for the Village Panchayat Officer, Rural Development Officer and Social Welfare Officer Written Examination was released by the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) on its official website, upsssc.gov.in.
The written examination of UPSSSC will be held on December 22-23, 2018 in two sessions. The candidates have been allotted by the UPSSSC examination centres spanning across 16 districts in the North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
How to download the Admit Card of UPSSSC Written Examination
- The initial step is to visit the official website, upsssc.gov.in
- The second step is to click on the Admit Card link available on the home page of the official website
- The third step is for the candidates to key in their registration number, date of birth and other requisite details correctly
- The fourth step is that after making sure all the features the candidates had filled in are correct, then they might as well proceed to click on Download Admit Card button and download the same
- The candidates can take a print out for their future reference
There are around 1,527 vacancies for the post of Village Panchayat Officer post, 362 positions vacant for the post of Rural Development Officer and 64 openings for the designation of Social Welfare Officer.
UPSSSC Written Examination
- The duration of the competitive examination is two hours. A total of 150 objective questions will be provided to the candidates
- Each question will carry two marks
- The question paper is set in three sections such as Hindi Knowledge and Writing, General Mental Ability Test and General Knowledge
- All three sections will have 50 questions each
- Apart from that, there will also be a negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer
Initially, the State Government of Uttar Pradesh established a Subordinate Services Selection Board through an Ordinance in 1988 which was later on replaced by an act No.7 of 1988, for direct recruitment to all such group ‘C’ posts as may be specified by the State Government by notification in this behalf. The Board was also allowed to consider the request of any authority, Government Company or Corporation, owned or controlled by the Government for such recruitment to posts thereunder. The Board had a corporate entity separate from the Government.
Subsequently in 1990 on 31st May above Board was dissolved and converted into a Commission with a Chairman and maximum of five members. Further the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (Amendment) Act, 1993 was promulgated to define/vary service conditions of the Chairman and the members of the Commission. By this amendment, the commission was converted into a Department of the Government.
On December 28, 1997, the above act was repealed by an ordinance and which was later on replaced by an Act N0.5 of 1998. Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services selection commission was established again by U.P. Act No.1 of 2006. But this Act was repealed by U.P. ordinance no.6 of 2007 and later by an Act no. 21 of 2007. Realising the difficulty in recruitment on Group ‘C’ posts in the administrative departments of the State by the Uttar Pradesh Public service commission due to increased pressure on its working, the present Commission was established again by “the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission Act, 2014” which came in force on June 20, 2014.
On the resignation of then-Chairman and five of its members on 6th April 2017, present Commission was reconstituted, and incumbent Chairman and members joined the Commission in later half of January 2018.