How to apply for CAT 2017
You can register for CAT 2017 from the official CAT 2017 website, www.iimcat.ac.in between 9 th August 2017 and 5:00 p.m. on 20th September 2017.
Registration steps are as follows:
- Register to get user Id and Password.
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment
For registering, you will need to verify your mobile number through OTP which will be sent to your mobile number. Your User ID will be sent to email and the Password shall be sent to the registered mobile number only when you have verified the OTP (it is not applicable for overseas candidates). Overseas candidates receive both User ID & Password on the registered email address. Using these credentials, you can log in as an Existing User to fill out the Application form. You need not complete the application in a single session. You can login multiple times to complete. You cannot edit any details on the Application form after you have made the online payment. However, after you submit the application, there will be a limited time window during which you can modify very limited details like Percentage of Marks scored, Work Experience, and Programmes Selected etc. You will not be able to modify any of the following: any details entered in the Personal Details section, any details entered in the Academics section except the percentage marks scored, Exam Centre City Preferences. You can only view and print after this. Details are available on the application submission page. To understand the registration procedure for CAT 2017, see the Registration Video on the CAT website.
Step 1: Registration to get User ID and Password:
On the website, www.iimcat.ac.in, click on ‘Register Now’ for creating your user profile. The registration form window will open in your browser to create your user profile.
The entries on this form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, ensure that you enter the required information correctly.
- Name of Candidate: This should be the same as it appears in 10th standard / SSC Certificate.
- Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date.
- Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID on this email address only (Overseas candidates receive both User Id & Password on this email address only).
- Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive OTP to verify your mobile number and your Password as an SMS on this number only.
o India based mobile number should have 10 digits.
o Other mobile numbers should be prefixed with the area code. Special characters such as (0), +, – are not allowed.
- OTP: Click on Generate OTP to send OTP on your mobile number once fill the captcha and submit it. To verify the mobile number, enter the OTP received and click on validate the OTP tab. After this you will be able to submit registration from and get the password on your mobile number and user id on your email address.
By selecting the ‘I Agree’ checkbox in the Declaration section, you are committing to be honest and fair in all your actions and information provided in the CAT 2017 Registration Form. It is mandatory to agree to the contents in the Declaration to proceed to submit the form.
Confirmation of Registration
Within minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive your User ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2017 Login Details. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail.
You will also receive the login Password as an SMS on the registered mobile number from sender LMIIMCAT (Not applicable for overseas candidates). Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application for CAT 2017 by clicking on the link given in the email. You may also login from the CAT Website.
This ends Step 1 of the Registration Process.
Step 2: Login to CAT Website
Using the system generated User ID and Password received, you can login as “Sign In for Existing User” on the website and fill the Application Form for CAT 2017.
In future, if you forget your password, click the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in an email, and not as an SMS.
The next step is to fill in the Application Form for CAT 2017.
Step 3: Fill Application Form
The Application Form is categorized into the following five sections:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
Candidate Name and Date of Birth fields will be populated automatically based on the information provided at the time of registering your profile.
- Enter Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name, Mother’s Name and Gender as applicable.
- Select the Category under which you are applying. If not General, then enter the additional details such as Serial Number of Caste/Tribe, State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe, and Caste/Tribe Name.
- Select your Nationality from the dropdown, else select Others.
Enter your postal address details correctly as it will be used for communication from CAT Centre 2017. You may also provide an alternate Email Address and Mobile Number here.
In this section, you must upload all the mandatory documents as per your selections in the earlier sections.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport photo within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm.
Also, upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm.
The documents file format should be a .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px/inch.
The photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. You will require the same photograph uploaded here, to be affixed on the admit card on the day of the test (26th November 2017).
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan as PDF document to upload here.
- PwD Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as PDF document to upload here.
In this section, you must enter your education details. Enter the details in all sections that are applicable to you. The sections are as follows:
- SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master‘s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2017. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Only full time experience after the graduation must be entered.
Part time / project / Internship / article ship / pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and will not be counted as work experience.
You may select any number of Programme Names in this section. Select the programme and then select the Interview City
Note: Candidates applying for PGP/PGDM courses at the following IIMs are required to select the same interview city for all the selections. 1. IIM Kashipur 2. IIM Raipur 3. IIM Ranchi 4. IIM Rohtak 5. IIM Tiruchirappalli 6. IIM Udaipur For example, if you have selected the PGDM course at IIM Ranchi and the PGP course at IIM Kashipur, your interview city should be the same, say Chennai, from the given choices (Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai) for both the courses.
City Preferences You can select any four Test Cities as per your preference from the drop down menu. After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be not allotted to any of the preferred cities, you will be allotted to a nearby city. This information will be communicated to you on your Admit Card. Note: You will not be allowed to select the same city for more than one preference.
A General / NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs.1800 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will be charged Rs.900 to take the CAT 2017 examination. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges
After successful transaction of your payment, a Payment Successful message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number. You will then be redirected to the CAT 2017 website.
5.1. Application Confirmation Email You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2017 Application within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as Admit Card download window.
5.2. Application Summary Whenever you log in to the CAT website as an Existing User, you will see the Application Summary window with two tabs:
- Application Summary: Read-only view of the details you have entered.
- Download Application Form: Download the Application summary to save or print.
5.3. Candidate Help Desk In the event you do not receive a Confirmation email or have any query or concern, you can connect with the Candidate Help Desk by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1800 266 3549 (Toll Free).
Please have your User ID and/or Payment Transaction Number details at hand for reference.
You may also refer the Registration video or the FAQs to answer your queries regarding CAT 2017.