GPAT 2019 Registration will close on November 30, 2018
The registration for the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test or GPAT 2019 will close on November 30, 2018. GPAT is a national level entrance examination to gain admission in postgraduate pharma courses. The registration can only be done through online means. From next year the GPAT examinations will be conducted by the National Testing Agency. GPAT is a national level entrance examination for entry into M.Pharm programmes. Till 2018, it was performed by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Test will now be conducted by the NTA.
This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three-hour computer based online distribution which is conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given by the GPAT score.
Eligibility for GPAT 2019 Registration for the Entrance Examination
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
- Tech (Pharmaceutical and exceptional chemical technology) / Equivalent Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.
GPAT 2019 Registration for the Entrance Examination
As per the details on NTA’s website, this GPAT 2019 Entrance Examination facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given by the GPAT score.
GPAT 2019 – Examination Pattern
The GPAT 2019 examination pattern remains the same. The Examination will be conducted through the online mode. The examination will be containing 125 Objective type of questions. Whereas the candidates will be gaining +4 marks if the question will be answered by them correctly, if the candidate’s answer turns out to be incorrect then they might lose -1 marks for the same. If it is found that, any of the questions is marked inappropriately or more than once then the same will be marked negatively. The examination time duration will be of 3:00 hours only, and the candidates will be scored out of total marks which will be 500.
|Time Duration||3:00 Hrs|
|Maximum Marks||500 MM|
|Number Of Questions||125|
GPAT 2019 Entrance Examination Books
The Candidates will require some of the reference books to prepare themselves better, for the GPAT – 2019 examination.
- The Pearson Guide to GPAT
- GPAT Cracker
- Synopsis for GPAT
- GPAT: A Companion
- The Complete Pharma
National Testing Agency (NTA) authorised to conduct GPAT 2019 Entrance Examination
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge regarding matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
Objectives of NTA
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes.
- To research educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them.
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions.
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- The right candidates joining best institutions will give India her demographic dividend.
- To improve equity and quality in education by administering research based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and international level assessments
- The best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and security professionals will ensure that the current gaps in existing assessment systems are appropriately identified and bridged.
Core Values of NTA
- NTA will create a system which will promote teaching (by teachers), learning (by students) and assessment (by parents and institutions)
- NTA strongly believes in quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security of assessments
- To practice these values, NTA will constantly engage with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner institutions.