What is JEE (Advanced) 2019?
Seven zonal IITs (under the directives of the Joint Admission Board) conduct Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2019. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs and the ISM. The decisions of the JAB 2019 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2019 and admission to IITs and ISM.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2019:
- Criterion 1 – Performance in JEE (Main) 2019
- Criterion 2 – Age limit: The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1991 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1986 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
- Criterion 3 – Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years.
- Criterion 4 – Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination.
- Criterion 5 – Earlier admission at IITs/ISM:
- The candidate should not have been admitted (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted the seat by paying seat acceptance fee at any of the IITs or ISM in the past.
For more details and information on JEE Advanced eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for JEE Advanced 2019:
- Candidates should register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2019. Registration is only through the online portal where detailed instructions will be provided. The procedure consists of three basic steps:
- After login, provide the basic data including the choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi) and the choices for the cities of examination.
- Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
- Pay registration fee. Registration fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
|Examination Centers in India|
|GEN, OBC-NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 1000|
|SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000|
|Examination Center in Dubai|
|All Categories||USD 220||USD 220|
For more details and information on JEE Advanced application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for JEE Advanced 2019:
- In JEE (Advanced) 2019, there will be two papers, each of three hours duration.
- The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi. Candidates have to specify their choice of question paper language at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced) 2019.
- Each of the question papers will consist of three separate parts in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The questions will be of objective (multiple choice) type, designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
- In some sections, incorrect answers may be awarded with negative marks.
- Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2019: Friday, April 29, 2019 to Wednesday, May 04, 2019.
- Admit card available for downloading: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 to Sunday, May 22, 2016.
- Date of JEE Advanced: Sunday, May 22, 2016.
- Online display of ORS and scanned responses:Wednesday, June 01, 2016 to Saturday, June 04, 2016.
- Online display of answer keys:Sunday, June 05, 2016.
- Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates: Sunday, June 05, 2016 to Tuesday, June 07, 2016.
- Online declaration of Results: Sunday, June 12, 2016.
- Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test: Sunday, June 12, 2016 to Monday, June 13, 2016.
- Architecture Aptitude Test: Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- Declaration of Results of AAT: Sunday, June 19, 2016.
For more information about JEE Advanced 2016, please visit here.