NEET UG 2019 Examination
About NEET UG 2019 – Across the country, for filling about 54,000 medical seats, it is mandatory for all the aspiring students to clear the National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET. In regards to the Supreme Court’s order in 2016, NEET would be the only examination to fill the All India Quota Seats as well as the State Level Quota seats across the country. NEET also helps for filling the private college seats across the country.
On May 5, in a single shift, as the conducting body of NEET UG, NEET 2019 will be conducted and the significance of NTA being replaced with CBSE has to be noted. The shift timing of NEET 2019 is 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM. NEET 2019 will be held only once a year.
The examinations will be conducted only on offline mode and the candidates will be provided OMR sheet wherein they will be asked to submit responses. Only those candidates who will fill successfully submit the NEET application form 2019 will be eligible to take the exam on the said date.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has closed the registration process of NEET 2019, which was previously extended until December 8. NTA has, earlier, scheduled the last date to fill the application form as for November 30. However, it was later extended till December 7.
It is only after the judgement to allow general category students above 25 years of age, the notice regarding the extension of application dates came. To appear for NEET 2019, this is especially for reserved & PwD candidates who are more than 30 years of age.
The guidelines regarding their eligibility have to be checked by them at the MCI website on January 14, 2019, as for PwD candidates and any corrections can be made when the correction window opens.
Once the NTA starts sending messages, the correction in the uploaded documents must be done within a week. On its new website -ntaneet.nic.in, the NEET 2019 application form was released on November 1, 2018, at 11.30 AM. The mode of release of the application form of NEET 2019 is only online and there is no change in the application fees this year.
While filling the NEET 2019 application form, candidates will have to choose four exam centres. In order to be deemed eligible to fill the application form of NEET 2019. NEET aspirants must fulfil the minimum requirements laid down by the conducting body. The information contains all the information related to NEET 2019 for the candidates.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
With the release of NEET 2019 application form, the regulatory body, NTA, has published the NEET eligibility criteria. To fill the NEET application form 2019, the eligibility criteria are the basic requirements in terms of nationality, age, an academic qualification that the candidates will be required to be considered eligible. Candidates can check below the NEET eligibility criteria 2019
Indian citizens, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and foreign nationals are eligible to appear for NEET 2019. Candidates who wish to study medicine abroad are also required to qualify for NEET.
- As on May 5 to fill the NEET application form 2019, Candidates must not be less than 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- The minimum age limit is the same for reserved and PwD category candidates
- Subject to the outcome of the judgement at the time of admissions, the upper age limit is 30 years to be eligible to register for NEET 2019 has now been removed and candidates can apply.
- To upload a photo-identity proof which will mention the ‘date of birth’ of the candidates, it must be noted that candidates filling the application form of NEET 2019 will be required.
- Therefore, the date of birth submitted by the candidates must be in accordance with the one mentioned on the ID proof failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
Academic Qualification for NEET 2019
In Class 12 or equivalent examination, Aspirants of NEET 2019 must have English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry
In aggregate, candidates must score qualifying score in each of these subjects individually and unreserved category candidates should also score a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
While PwD candidates must score a minimum of 45% for NEET registrations 2019, reserved category candidates are required to score at least 40%.
Significant entities that need to be prepared in prior for NEET Application Form 2019
Before filling up NEET 2019 application form, each and every candidate was required to keep certain things handy. In the application process, keeping all the required things ready beforehand ensures a smooth flow.
For the filling up the application form of NEET 2019, candidates were required to ensure that they use a compatible browser. The list of such things required for NEET application form 2019 has been provided below.
- A valid Mobile Number
- A valid Email Address
- Class 10 details and Class 12 details
- A photo-identity proof – Aadhaar Card number, Passport Number, ration card number, bank account, any other valid Govt. identity number
- Scanned images of passport sized photograph, and signature and other documents (if applicable)
- Credit/Debit card or Net Banking details (for online payment)
Important dates to Remember
- November 1, 2018, at 11.30 AM
- NEET 2019 Registration Facility start date – November 1, 2018, at 11.30 AM
- Last date of fill the online application form- December 7, 2018 (Closed)
- Last date to submit the NEET application fee- December 8, 2018, up to 11.50 PM (Closed)
- NEET 2019 application form correction window- January 14 to 31, 2019
- NEET 2019 – May 5, 2019
More information on NEET UG 2019