What is NIFT 2017?
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi has announced the exam dates for NIFT Entrance Exam-2017, which will be conducted in February 2017. The NIFT exam will be held on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
NIFT is conducted for taking admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Accessory Design, Fashion Communication, Fashion Design, Knitwear Design, Leather Design and Textile Design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech) in Apparel Production, Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Fashion Management (MFM) and Master of Fashion Technology (MFT) programs offered at Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai,Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Raebarelli, Shillong, Kangra, Jodhpur, Srinagar and Bhubaneswar campuses for the commencing session 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT 2017:
- For B.Des Programs: Candidates should have:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized central/state board of secondary examination, such as CBSE / state board New Delhi, and council for Indian school of certificate examination, New Delhi. Or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- For M.Des Program: Candidates should have:
- Undergraduate degree from any institute recognized by law in India. Or
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
About NIFT 2017:
Candidates can apply online. The application fee (Rs.1500/ for general/OBC (non-creamy) category and Rs.750/- for SC/ ST/ PHP category) has to be paid through online payment gateway or through bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the program opted. There is no negative marking.
- Last date for filling up online application: Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
- Last date for online registration with late fees of Rs.5000/-: Monday, January 16, 2017.
- Availability of admit card (online only): Saturday, January 21, 2017.
- Date of admission test: Sunday, February 12, 2017.
- Date of situation test/ group discussion/ interview: April – May 2017.
- Date of declaration of final result (online): end of May/ June 2017.
- Date of counseling: June 2017 onwards.