Registration process of NEET 2019 to end on November 30, 2018
The registration process of National Eligibility Entrance cum Eligibility (NEET) 2019 will end on November 30, 2018. Those aspiring students who want to pursue medical education can now visit the link posted on the NTA website, nta.ac.in. From 2018, NTA is holding the examination unlike in the previous year; the CBSE was vested with the right to conduct medical entrance examination to the courses such as MBBS and BDS. What is more, NEET will decide the eligibility of a candidate for MBBS courses except for the seats under AIIMS and JIPMER, said an NDTV report. The NTA will hold NEET 2019 on May 5, 2019.
How to apply
- For the latest updates regarding NEET 2019 admission, candidates must remain in touch with the website nta.ac.in, mohfw.nic.in and mcc.nic.in and the websites of concerned States/Institutions till the completion of a final round of counselling
- The application fee is Rs. 750 for SC, ST, PWD, and Transgender candidates, and Rs. 1400 for all other candidates.
- NTA has also added video lectures for NEET UG exam in 2019
- The lectures have been prepared by IIT Professors and subject experts and are available for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology subjects.
- NEET 2019 Admit Card will be available on April 15, 2019.
The NTA was set up with the vision that the right candidates joining the best institutions will give India her demographic dividend. Furthermore, its mission is to improve equity and quality in education by administering research-based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and global level assessment. The best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and security professionals will ensure that the current gaps in existing assessment systems are appropriately identified and bridged.
NTA will create a system which will promote teaching (by teachers), learning (by students) and assessment (by parents and institutions).NTA strongly believes in quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security of evaluations. To practice these values, NTA will continuously engage with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner institutions.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To research educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bringing them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards.
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern technique
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To ensure quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using the domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organisations like ETS to achieve the same.
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To initiate the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations.
NEET 2019 – Additional Information