Candidates aspiring to join MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) programmes offered by institutes of Symbiosis International University have to take the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Online Test 2017. A candidate needs to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would then need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
The registration process for SNAP and institutes is now simplified. Aspirants can now complete the SNAP as well as program registrations in the same portal (snaptest.org)
THE STRUCTURE OF THE BULLETIN IS AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1: SNAP ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST REGISTRATION
- SNAP Test registration process
- Modes of payment for SNAP test
- The Institutes and programmes for which SNAP test is mandatory
- The Institutes and programmes for which SNAP test is not mandatory
- The cities where SNAP test will be conducted
- Procedure of programme payment.
- Reservation Policy of SIU
- Programme Eligibility
- Process for International Candidates
SECTION 2: SNAP ENTRANCE TEST
- The SNAP test structure
- Important Instruction regarding Admit Card
- Important guidelines regarding SNAP Test
SECTION 3: SHORTLISTING AND SELECTION PROCESS
SECTION 4: MERIT LIST DECLARATION AND ADMISSION
SNAP TEST IS MANDATORY FOR FOLLOWING INSTITUTES/PROGRAMMES OF SIU.
|SR. NO.||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||PROGRAM|
|1||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|3||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|4||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)
MBA (Agri Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|6||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA|
|7||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|8||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|9||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|10||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|11||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA|
|12||Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|13||Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|14||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA|
|15||Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)|
CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT SNAP TEST IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR:
|SR. NO.||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||NAME OF THE PROGRAM|
|1||Symbiosis Law School (SLS-Pune)||LL.M.|
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)||M.Sc. (Medical Technology)|
|3||Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)||M.Sc. (Nursing)|
|4||Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences (SSBS)||M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
M.Sc. (Nutrition & Dietetics)
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication-,Pune (SIMC- Pune)||M.A.(Mass Communication)|
|6||Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)||M.Sc. (Economics)|
|7||Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)||M.Tech. (CAD & AM)
|8||Symbiosis School of International Studies (SSIS)||M.A. (IS)|
|9||Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG)||M.Sc. (Geo-informatics)|
|10||Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)||M.Des|
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION REGARDING ADMIT CARD
- SNAP TestAdmit Card should be printed from the SNAP website [org] which will be available from Friday, December 01, 2017, till Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, colour photograph is pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for before appearing for the test (Your photograph should not be more than 3 months old)
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following,
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- An authorized person will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PIWAT processes.
- Candidates should note that an authenticated Admit Card is an important document without which the candidate will not be permitted to appear for further selection processes of SIU.If the Authenticated Admit card is lost, a duplicate Authenticated Admit Card will not be issued. It should be retained till the admission process is over.
- Candidates who complete their SNAP 2017 payment process by October 31, 2017 will be intimated their allotted test city via E-mail on or before November 06, 2017.This will enable candidates to plan their travel schedules accordingly. Paid candidates admit card will be available from Friday, December 01, 2017, till Sunday, December 17, 2017. Those candidates who complete their SNAP 2017 payment process from November 01,2017 onwards (till last date of Registration) will get to know their allotted test city on the date of Admit Card generation (i.e December 01,2017). This may result in last minute changes to their travel plan.
- Candidates are advised to locate allocated test center at least a day in advance to avoid any issue on the day of the test.
- Travel and staying arrangements will need to be done by the candidates.
RESERVATION POLICY OF SIU
Following will be the reservation policy for admission to any programme of Institutes of SIU (except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has separate policy #)
- WITHIN SANCTIONED INTAKE
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
- Differently Abled *: 3%
- OVER &ABOVE INTAKE
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme
- International Candidates: 15%
A candidate applying under any of the reserved category (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Differently Abled/ Kashmiri Migrants) are mandatorily required to submit relevant document issued by competent authority. Any participation at any stage of admission process by such candidate is purely provisional and always subject verification and authentication of such relevant document.
* Differently Abled Category (DAC) at SIU
In compliance to Govt. Directives on disability guidelines issued by the office of the Chief Commissioner for persons with disabilities vide Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment New Delhi notification no. 16-18/97 on dated 01st June 2001 and University Grants Commission Notification No. F.6-1/2006 (CPP-II/SCT) dated 30/09/2009, SIU has made provision of reserving 3% seats for Differently Abled Category (DAC) students in all the Institutes of SIU.
The types of disabilities covered are:-
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotors Disabilities
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Disabilities
All candidates claiming admission under DAC will be provisionally admitted under the said category. Thereafter, the candidate will be required to obtain an ‘Authentication Certificate’ from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) within one month of commencement of the program. SCHC will check validity of documents produced by the candidates and verify the continued existence and extent of the disability.
# For Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
As per MoU with Ministry of Defence clause no. 13 sub clause (d) The term Defence Personnel would mean only those serving / retired Defence Personnel from the Army, Navy and Air Force who fall in the category of ex-serviceman as laid down vide Ministry of Defence Letter no. 36034/5/85 -Estt (SCT) dated 14th April, 1987.
Reservation of Seats within the intake is:
- Defence Category- General: 80% seats for dependents (Children/Ward/Spouse) of Defence personnel. (as per merit)
- Defence category- Special: 10% seats for dependents (Children/ Ward/ Spouse) of Defence personnel a) killed in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation),orb)disabled in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation), with more than 50% disability, or c) who have died while in service, death being attributable to military service. (as per merit)
- Open/Industry Category: 10% seats are in open category to civilian candidates under open or sponsored/ recommended by the Industry (as per merit).
Reservation of Seats over and above intake:
Officers of Armed Forces on Study Leave as authorized by respective Services HQs are granted automatic admission subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
SHORTLISTING AND SELECTION PROCESS
SHORTLISTING FOR GROUP EXERCISE, PERSONAL INTERACTION AND WRITING ABILITY TEST (GE-PIWAT):
Candidates will be shortlisted for GE-PIWAT based on their overall SNAP Percentile. Please check the respective institute website for information and dates of GE-PIWAT.
It is mandatory to attend all components / tests of GE-PIWAT to be eligible for admission to any PG programmes. Only candidates who attend all components / tests of selection process (GE-PIWAT) shall be considered as eligible for generation of merit / wait / reject list. Candidates who remain absent for any one of the component / test will be considered as ineligible for selection process of any of the MBA/M.Sc. (CA)/M.Sc. (SS) degree programmes of SIU.
MERIT LIST DECLARATION AND ADMISSION
Merit list will be based on the following parameters:
|Weightage for Final Merit List|
|SNAP Score (out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks)||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
Category-wise cut off for Merit List and Wait List will be displayed on the website of the respective institutes. Wait list movement will depend upon the vacant seats available.
Please note that this admission is provisional and will be confirmed on payment of fees on or before the due date and subject to fulfilment of eligibility conditions of the respective programme(s) and in accordance with the rules of the Symbiosis International University
Content Credit/Courtesy: snaptest.org