UGC NET 2018 Examination from December 18 to 22
UGC NET 2018 Examination – The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) 2018 examination, which began yesterday, will be held till December 22. The examination is being conducted across 91 selected cities pan India in 84 subjects. The Hall Ticket or Admit Card is available on the official website, ntanet.nic.in, you can download till December 21, said an IE report.
Check the Examination Pattern of UGC NET 2018
NTA will examine only two papers – paper 1 and paper 2, instead of three
- Paper 1: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- Each question will carry two marks and will be of general nature and will test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate
- The duration of the same will be one hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am)
- Paper 2: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 100 objective type compulsory questions. Each question will carry two marks and will be based on the subject opted by the candidate. The duration of the same will be two hours (11.00 am to 1.00 pm).
UGC NET 2018 exams: Last minute tips and trick
- Ensure you keep your admit card in your bag along with some ID proof (Aadhaar)
- You should keep in mind that if you fail to carry the same, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall in any case
- You also have to bring either of the photo identity proof such as passport/Aadhaar/ PAN card/ driving license/ voter’s Id card/ bank passbook with duly attested photograph/identity card issued by school or college/gazetted officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested photocopy thereof
- The same should be submitted along with the call letter to the invigilators
- Do not carry electronic gadgets inside the exam hall such as mobile phones or any other communication devices.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions
- To assess the competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge regarding matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery
- The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test distribution and to test marking.
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organisations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes
- To research educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards