Applications for SSC Stenographer available online
Stenographer- The Staff Selection Commission Open competitive computer based examination for the recruitment of Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various ministries and departments under the government of India. As per the notification released yesterday, only the candidates with requisite skills in stenography should apply. Apart from that, the Commission had also released another notification yesterday looking for Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak examination 2018.
How to apply for SSC Stenographer’s position
- You should submit your application only through online at the official website ssc.nic.in
- You might as well refer to annexure-I and Annexure-II of this notice which is available at its official website
- The last date for submission of online applications is November 19, 2018 evening 5.00 PM.
- Date for submission of online applications : 22-10-2018 to 19-11-2018
- Last date for receipt of application: 19-11-2018 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 26-11-2018
- Date of Computer Based Examination: 01-02-2019 to 06-02-2019
Documents needed at the time of registrations of SSC Stenographer Application Form 2018
- Marksheet of Senior Secondary
- Marksheet of Higher secondary
- Valid Identity Proof such as Adhaar Card, Voter ID card, Pan Card, Driving License etc.
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate (to avail the relaxation)
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- The candidates should upload the scanned documents as per the specified format.
|Particulars||Format||Minimum size||Maximum size|
|Photograph||JPG||4 kb||12 kb|
|Signature||JPG||1 kb||12 k|
According to the official notification, the vacancies will be determined in due course, while the openings of stenographer Grade C and stenographers Grade D are in ministries/departments/organisations of Union Government including their attached and subordinate offices located in various states and UTs pan India.
Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, ESM and PD candidates, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries/Departments/Cadres, as per extant Government Orders. The vacancies for ESM are reserved for only Group C posts as per extant Government Order/Instructions. The posts of stenographers Group C have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), Both Legs (BL), Blind (B) and LV (Low Vision) as per guidelines of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. However, for Border Roads Organisation (BRO), suitability of posts and requirement of physical and medical standards will be as per details given in Annexure-XV.
The posts of stenographer’s grade d have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of one arm, one leg, one arm and leg, both legs, blind and low vision as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. However, for border roads organisation, (BRO), suitability of posts and requirements of physical and medical standards will be as per detail given in Annexure-XV. The posts of stenographers are not identified suitable for hearing impaired persons.
As the rights of persons with disabilities Act, 2016 has come into force with effect from April 19, 2017 and new categories of disabilities such as Autism, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims, Muscular Dystrophy, Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disability, Mental Illness and Multiple Disabilities and more have been included.
Therefore, the candidates with disabilities may also apply giving details of their disabilities in the online application form. However, their selection will be subject to identification of posts suitable for these categories as well as reporting of vacancies by the Indenting Departments.
Candidates suffering from various disabilities as identified vide DoP&T OM No: 36035/02/2017-Estt (Res) dated 15-01-2018 (para-2.2) may select following PwD categories in the online registration/application form at ssc.nic.in.
image source: rawpixel