CISCE introduce major changes in Examination pattern of ICSE and ISC
CISCE – In what could be termed as a significant overhaul, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has brought about strategic changes in the examination pattern of Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) and Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ISC), according to India Today report. Let’s see what the changes which have been introduced:
- According to the report, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations will conduct compartmental examination for both ICSE and ISC
- All the candidates will be eligible to appear for one compartmental exam a year only, the official release said
- Furthermore, the compartmental examination will be held in July, and the result for the same will be announced in August.
Changes in exam pattern:
- Moreover, from 2021, new subjects will be included in the curriculum
- ICSE: Group I history, civics and geography (Thailand) will be offered to aspirants of Thai nationality compulsorily while others can also opt for the same. The students will have a choice to study either history civics and geography or history civics and geography (Thailand)
- ISC: Hospitality management and legal studies will be added to the syllabus.
- Also, with the change in syllabus, the question paper of Class 10 and nine will align the curriculum of Class 6 and 8.
Furthermore, English literature subject will be changed for both ICSE and ISC. Both the classes will have to mandatorily study the Shakespearean play, prose (short stories) and poetry, as per the Times Now report
CISCE ICSE, ISC Date Sheet 2019:
- Meanwhile, the CISCE has announced the date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 Exams for the next year
- According to the official website, Class 10 examinations will be held from February 22, 2019, and will be organised on March 9, 2019, whereas the examinations for Class 12 students will begin from February 4, 2019, and will be over on March 25, 2019.
Both the examinations will begin in two different timings, i.e. from 9.00 am, and 11.00 am while they will be held in three different durations, 2 hours, 2 and half hours and 3 hours.
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations conducts three examinations, namely, the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE Class 10); The Indian School Certificate (ISC – Class12) and the Certificate in Vocational Education (CVE – Year 12).
The Council holds the Frank Anthony Memorial All-India Inter-School Debate and the Albert Barrow Memorial All-India Inter-School Creative Writing competitions, thereby underpinning the critical importance of creativity and the ability to articulate one’s thoughts in writing and speech in school education.