Delhi Government’s Free Entrance Examination Coaching Scheme attracts 4000 enrolment
Delhi Government Scheme – Launching the scheme of free entrance examination coaching to Scheduled Caste Students in 2017, the Delhi Government Scheme is a phenomenal success as the number of students enrolled for the scheme has crossed 4,000 out of the 5,000 students targeted this year, says an India Today report. In fact, the scheme was launched on December 9, 2017, to train these students belonging to SC/ST sections in order to help them crack various competitive examinations required for entry into engineering, medical and other colleges across the country.
Citing the government statement, the report said, “Over 4000 students have enrolled for the coaching facilities for various courses so far out of the targeted 5000 students in a year.”
Delhi govt scheme for free entrance examination coaching
- The ‘Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana’, launched by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on December 9, 2017
- The scheme provides free coaching for students preparing for civil services, judicial services, banking, engineering, medicine, and other competitive examinations through known and established coaching institutions
- It was decided then that initially, 100 students will get the benefit from the scheme and it would extend to 5,000 students
- The coaching assistance would also depend on the family income
- If a student’s family income is less than Rs 2 lakh then he/she will get 100 per cent assistance, but if the family income is between Rs 2 and Rs 6 lakh, he/she will get 75 per cent assistance
- Apart from coaching, students also get a stipend of Rs 2,500 per month
What was discussed at the recent meeting about this scheme?
- At the recent meeting, the free entrance exam coaching scheme was reviewed by Delhi Social Welfare Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam along with other officials
- The Minister, who is also the chairperson of the Delhi Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), Minority and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation Ltd, discussed ways to reach out to more students
- The meeting discussed proposals for roping in premier coaching institutes for better results and extending the coaching fee cap to up to Rs 1.5 lakh
- At present, the sealing of the coaching fee is up to Rs 40,000, while the eligible students are also provided with a stipend of Rs 2500 per month
- Formation of a monitoring committee to look after the quality of the coaching and other issues was also discussed in the meeting.
Image source: financial express