How to download documents from DigiLocker
As the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had announced Class XII results on May 2 whereas Class X results were declared on May 6, 2019, to register on DigiLocker to access their documents, the students should either provide their mobile phone number or their Aadhar card number to do so. Documents such as mark sheet, migration and passing certificate downloaded from DigiLocker can be furnished and are acceptable as originals for admission to undergraduate programs, says an Indian Express report.
Steps to download documents
- Students can visit the official website on digilocker.gov.in or through UMANG app
- On the website, students first need to sign up using their mobile phone number on which they will receive the message with the account credentials
- After entering their phone number, they need to enter their Aadhaar number and CBSE roll number
- Upon successful registration, students can check their mark sheets, migration certificate and pass certificate
The CBSE has already released the documents for Class XII Result 2019. The printed copy of their documents will be provided to the students from their respective schools soon. Apart from CBSE, CISCE documents are also released on DigiLocker for ICSE and ISC results.
How to access DigiLocker
- DigiLocker has partnered with CBSE to provide digital certificates to students of year 2019
- Students will receive their DigiLocker username through SMS on the mobile number registered with CBSE
- If you are accessing your DigiLocker account for the first time, your account password will be your mother’s first name (in lower case) as mentioned on your admit card followed by last four digits of your roll number e.g. if your mother’s name on your admit card is A Kumari and roll number is 1234567, your password will be a4567. If your mother’s name on your admit card is Sushmita Mahajan and your roll number is 1234567, your password will be sushmita4567
- If you are unable to login with above credentials, you may try to reset your password by following ‘Forgot Password’ link on the login page
- If your are still unable to login, please email us at support[at]digitallocker[dot]gov[dot]in mentioning your mobile number, CBSE roll number and class
- If you did not receive the SMS containing your credentials or you no longer have access to the mobile number registered with CBSE, you can still get your digital certificates by signing up on DigiLocker
- Do follow this link for step by step instructions to sign up on DigiLocker and to get your CBSE certificates: slideshare.net/digilocker_ind/how-cbse-students-can-get-their-digital-marksheets-from-digilocker