Indian Institute of Foreign Trade receive Rs.1 crore placement offer
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – This year, a student of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IITF) was offered Rs.1 crore placement offer, highest among his batch, as per IE report. As many as 65 per cent of the students of the current flagship MBA (International Business) programme bagged six-figure package, said IIFT in a release.
The average overall compensation offered is Rs 20.07 lakh per annum compared to Rs 19.23 lakh last year while average domestic compensation rose to Rs 18.89 lakh compared to Rs 18.27 lakh from last year, noted the report. All 279 students in the 2017-19 batch were placed across 98 companies. An average stipend increase of 11 per cent was recorded this year. About 16 students were offered international roles across the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Singapore and Indonesia, said the report. The World Trade Organization (WTO) and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) continued their exclusive association with IIFT.
A total of 93 students received pre-placement offers (PPOs) by major recruiters including ABFRL, Airtel, Amazon, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Bain Capability Network, Britannia, Citibank, GE, GEP, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, HP, HT Media, IVP, ICICI, Infoedge, ITC, JPMC, KPMG, Louis Dreyfus, Maersk Line, Marico, OfBusiness, Piramal, PPG Asian Paints, Royal Enfield, RPG, Shell, Synergy Consulting, Tata Metalliks, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Wipro Technologies and Yes Bank, said the report.
“The quality of our students, the academic rigour and the premium we place on cultivating relationships with our recruiters are the reasons behind this continued success,” Prof. Manoj Pant, Director, IIFT was quoted as saying by the report.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation to help professionalise the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources, analysing and disseminating data and conducting research. The Institute visualises its future role as:
- A catalyst for new ideas, concepts and skills for the internationalisation of the Indian economy
- The primary provider of training and research-based consultancy in the areas of international business, both for the corporate sector, Government and the student’s community
- An institution with proven capability to continuously upgrade its knowledge base with a view to servicing the requirements of the Government, trade and industry through both sponsored and non-sponsored research and consultancy assignments
- The Institute’s portfolio of long-term programmes is diverse, catering to the requirements of aspiring International Business executives and mid-career professionals alike
- These are Two-year MBA (International Business), New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salaam
- Three-year MBA (International Business) (Part-Time), New Delhi and Kolkata
- Executive Masters in International Business, New Delhi
- Certificate Programme in Export Management, New Delhi