KVS to conduct teacher recruitment examination from December 22-23, 2018
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will hold the written examination for the recruitment of PGTs, TGTs, PRTs and Librarians from December 22 to 23, 2018. As per the schedule released by the KVS, the final result for the Librarian position has also been declared and the examination for which was conducted on February 22, 2018. Subsequently, the interview was conducted in May this year. The combined merit list with the details of 482 candidates is available on the official website, kvsangathan.nic.in. Similarly, the mark list of the candidates who had appeared for the Librarian examination in February has also been released. To know the marks, you might as well visit the official website. What is more, KVS will hold the written examination in three shifts.
KVS Teacher Exam Schedule
- December 22, 2018, First Session (9.30 am-11.30 am): PRT
- December 22, 2018, Second Session (12.30 pm-3.00 pm): TGT (P&HE, AE, WE)
- December 22, 2018, Third Session (4.00 pm-06.30 pm): PRT Music
- December 23, 2018, First Session (9.30 am-11.30 am): PGT
- December 23, 2018, Second Session (12.30 pm-3.00 pm): TGT
- December 23, 2018, First Session (4.00 pm-6.30 pm): Librarian
- For the post of Principal and Vice Principal post, the exam will be held on November 3, 2018.
The objectives of setting up KVS:
- To cater to the educational needs of the children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-Military personnel by providing a joint programme of education;
- To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education;
- To initiate and promote experimentation and innovativeness in education in collaboration with other bodies like the Central Board of Secondary Education and the National Council of Educational Research and Training etc.
- To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of “Indian-ness” among children. Memorandum Of Association (Hindi version)
- To Provide, establish, endow, maintain, control & manage schools, hereinafter called the ‘Kendriya Vidyalaya’ for the children of transferable employees of the Government of India, floating populations & others including those living in remote & undeveloped locations of the country & to do all acts & things necessary for the conducive to the promotions of such schools.
- Ordinary text-books and bilingual medium of instructions for all Kendriya Vidyalayas
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are co-educational, composite schools.
- Sanskrit is taught from class VI-VIII.
- The quality of teaching is kept reasonably high by an appropriate teacher-pupil ratio.
- No tuition fee for boys up to Class VIII, girls up to Class XII and SC/ST students and children of KVS employees.
The Kendriya Vidyalayas have a four-fold mission:
- To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education
- To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education
- To initiate and promote experimentation and innovations in education in collaboration with other bodies like the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) etc.
- To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of “Indianness” among children.