Last date to apply for Common Wealth Master’s PhD Scholarship 2019
Common Wealth Master’s PhD Scholarship through MHRD – For the benefit of Indian students who want to take up Master’s and Doctoral program at any university in the UK, listed with Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), they are requested to apply for 2019 Commonwealth Scholarship in the UK. The CSC UK is offering the scholarships, and the aspiring candidates have the time to apply till January 17 next year through the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development website. Besides that, the candidates should also apply through Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System before December 19, said an NDTV report.
- The applicant must not be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a university in the UK or Indian university or elsewhere before September/ October 2019
- Applicants must have obtained the qualifying degree before October 2019, which is Bachelor’s degree for Master’s programme and Master’s degree for PhD enrolment.
The scholarship will be available for the following themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity; promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace; security and governance
- Increasing resilience and response to crises; access, inclusion and opportunity
- The duration of the Master’s course will be one year, and the doctoral program will be of 3-4 years duration.
The UK offers a slew of scholarships and financial support, for aspiring students. The UK has a generous offer to Indian students with over 800 scholarships available from universities, the UK government and British Council each year. Tom Birtwistle, Director, British Council North India operations, shared this list of scholarships available for Indian students to NDTV:
GREAT Education Scholarship
- GREAT Education Scholarship which offers up to 67 full-tuition scholarships with a value of over a GBP 1 million over a broad range of subjects for undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship (CSFP)
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship (CSFP) is for students who can make a significant contribution to their home country after studying in the UK.
A.S. Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships
- The A.S. Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for a Master’s degree in English Language Teaching (ELT) at the University of Warwick.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships enables Indian professionals to spend time in the UK, helping them to achieve artistic, academic and professional ambitions and to broaden their international contacts.
70th Anniversary Scholarships
- On the occasion of its 70th anniversary in India, the British Council gave 100 women scholarships to study in the UK in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Three weeks back, on November 2, 2018, British Council announced the second round of 70th Anniversary Scholarships, worth GBP 1 million, for another 70 Indian Women pursuing a Master’s in STEM fields in the UK
Newton Bhabha Fund PhD Placements
- Newton Bhabha Fund PhD Placements: PhD placements for young Indian and UK students to spend 2-4 months of their research at any UK university or Indian university.
- Chevening is the UK government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organisations that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK.
- These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any university in the UK