Last date to apply for IITJEE 2019 is May 9
The last date to apply for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (IITJEE 2019) is on May 9, 2019 5.00 P.M. Those eligible candidates can visit the official website, jeeadvance.ac.in and apply for the same. The candidates have to make sure that they are eligible to apply for the examination and other factors before they apply, as per IE report.
Online Registration Process
- The online registration cum application process for the national level competitive examination for admissions to undergraduate courses in the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) will begin at 10.00 A.M., from May 3, 2019 (Friday) onwards.
Steps to Apply
- Visit the official website, jeeadv.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on register for JEE advanced ‘click here’ link
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Register using basic details
- Log-in using the registration number
- Fill form, upload images
- Make payment
- Candidates will have to pay Rs 2600 as registration fee. For SC, ST and PwD candidates and Indian and PIO female candidates (all categories) the fee is Rs 1300
- Class X certificate or birth certificate
- Class XII result certificate
- Category certificate
- Additional category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Scribe request letter
- DS certificate
- OCI card/PIO card
Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced (JEE-Advanced), earlier, known as the Indian Institutes of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), is an academic examination conducted every year in the country. The examination is held by one of the seven zonal IITs (IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, and IIT Guwahati) under guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). This examination is the sole prerequisite for admission in the Indian Institutes of Technology. Other varsities such as the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) and the Indian Institute of Science also uses the score obtained in JEE Advanced as the basis for admission. Any student who was admitted to IIT cannot appear for the JEE-Advanced, but the same is not the case with IISc, IISER, RGIPT and other institutes, because these institutes only use JEE-Advanced scores as a criteria for admission. The examination is organised each year by one of the IIT, on a round robin rotation pattern. In 2013 the examination, originally called the IIT-JEE, was renamed as JEE (Advanced), and the AIEEE was renamed JEE (Main). From 2017, IIT began holding JEE internationally for the admission of foreign residents.