NIOS 10th, 12th Board Examination 2019 Revised Date Sheet released
NIOS – The National Institute of Open Schooling has released the NIOS Class X and Class XII Board Examination 2019 revised date sheet for the examination to be held in April/May 2019, according to a TOI report. Candidates who will be appearing for Class 10 and Class 12 Board examination this year can check the official site of NIOS at nios.ac.in and download the revised date sheet. Class X and Class XII Board examination will begin from April 2, 2019, and will conclude on May 4, 2019.
The Institute has released an official notice pertaining to the change of examination dates. The examination will begin at 2.30 P.M., for both Class X and Class XII. The practical examination dates are also revised and will now be conducted from March 16 to 20, 2019, March 21 to 25, 2019 and March 26 to 30, 2019 for different subjects, noted the report.
Candidates who will appear for the examination can download the intimation cum hall ticket from the official site of NIOS at nios.ac.in. The practical examination will be held at their respective Accredited Institute, AIs of NIOS. The other related information on Class X and Class XII examination can be checked from the official site of NIOS, added the report.
NIOS is “Open School” to cater to the needs of a heterogeneous group of learners up to pre-degree level. It was started as a project with in-built flexibilities by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in 1979. In 1986, the National Policy on Education suggested strengthening of Open School System for extending open learning facilities in a phased manner at a secondary level all over the country as an independent system with its own curriculum and examination leading to certification. Consequently, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India set up the National Open School (NOS) in November 1989.
NIOS provides opportunities to interested learners by making available the following Courses/Programmes of Study through open and distance learning (ODL) mode:
- Open Basic Education (OBE) Programme for 14+ years age group, adolescents and adults at A, B and C levels that are equivalent to classes III, V and VIII of the formal school system
- Secondary Education Course
- Senior Secondary Education Course
- Vocational Education Courses/Programs
- Life Enrichment Programs
The OBE program
- Envisages schooling by providing a learning continuum based on graded curriculum ensuring quality of education for children, neo-literates, school drop-outs/left-outs and NFE completers
- For the implementation of OBE programme, the NIOS has a partnership with about 853 Agencies providing facilities at their study centres
- NIOS operates through a network of five Departments, Regional Centres and Accredited Institutions (Study Centres) in India and abroad
- It has a current enrolment of about 2.71 million students at Secondary, Senior Secondary and Vocational levels which makes it the largest open schooling system in the world