National Institute of Technology Recruits Professors and Assistant Professors
National Institute of Technology has called for applications for the position of Professors and Assistant professors for 2018. As per the official notification issued by BIT Delhi recently, the last date for eligible candidates to apply for these positions is on December 17, 2018. This year, the NIT has hired multiple positions for various departments. Now they are looking at filling the vacant positions of professors and assistant professors.
As per the official notification of NIT Delhi, the candidates should have the following qualifications to apply for the said jobs:
- Candidate should have PhD degree in the requisite field
- Must have working experience in the specific subject
- The candidate should not exceed the age limit of 60 years
- Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST category candidates
Eligible candidates have to follow the following steps to apply:
- The candidates have to visit the official website, nitdelhi.ac.in and enter the recruitment head
- Click on Faculty Recruitment 2018 to read full details
- Click on the online application
- Candidates can apply till December 10, 2018
- A hard copy of application form can be submitted till December 17, 2018
- Selection of candidates will be accomplished by experience and interview
National Institute of Technology Delhi (NITD) is one of the thirty NIT (s) established in the year 2010 by an act of parliament and has been declared as an Institute of National importance.
NIT Delhi is an autonomous Institute which functions under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It aims to provide instructions and research facilities in various disciplines of Engineering, Science and Technology, Management, Social Sciences and Humanities for advance learning and dissemination of knowledge.
The mission of NIT Delhi is to produce human resource those who are creative, competitive and innovative with high intellect and ethical values. The Institute is imparting holistic education, along with teaching high moral values in its students.
NIT Delhi has started its academic session in 2010 with three undergraduate B.Tech degree programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The educational activities of NIT Delhi were initiated at NIT Warangal in the year 2010 which later moved to a temporary campus at Dwarka, New Delhi in June 2012 and now running at IAMR Campus, Narela (February 2014).
Possession of fifty-one-acre land has been allotted for permanent campus of NIT Delhi on NH-1, Narela sub city, New Delhi. The process of developing the permanent campus has begun.
The National Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the 30 NITs setups by Government of India. The Institute is regulated by the following acts and statutes:
- NIT ACT 2007
- NIT STATUTES 2009
- NIT STATUTES 2012
- NIT AMENDMENT ACT 2017
- From the academic year 2013-14, the intake in each B. Tech programme has been increased to strength of 60 students
- Admission for B.Tech programmes is made by the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for the Indian Nationals. Admissions to 50% of the seats are made amongst the students of Delhi & Chandigarh, and the remaining 50% seats are made by All India ranking of the aspiring applicants
- The intake in each M. Tech programme is 15 students
- Admissions to the M.Tech Programmes are made by performance in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).
Image source: Headway