NTA announce JEE Main Result 2019
The National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main Result 2019 today. The Agency has successfully concluded both the JEE Main 2019 examination. The JEE Main 2019 Entrance Examination was conducted in two phases- Paper 1 and Paper 2 i.e., January and April, and the total duration of 2019 JEE Mains was three hours. As per the JEE Main’s prospectus, the official date mentioned is April 30, 2019. The exam conducting authority NTA has not released any notification regarding the change in JEE Main 2019 result declaration yet, as per India Today report.
The JEE Main 2019 April edition was held throughout the country and abroad on April 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 through the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in which 9,58,619 candidates were registered. The Agency had declared JEE Main 2019 results and percentile score for the January session on January 19, almost two weeks in advance. And now the National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to release JEE Main 2019 result on April 30 on NTA’s official website- @jeemain.nic.in.
How to check JEE Main Result 2019 for Paper 2:
- Visit the official website-jeemain.nic.in
- Login using the application number, password or date of birth
- Marks obtained overall as well as individual subjects will be displayed on the screen
How to calculate JEE Main 2019 percentile score
- NTA raw score will be calculated on the basis of the marking scheme of the examination
- For every correct answer 4 marks will be added, while for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score
- The row score of each candidate for each subject (Maths, Physics and Chemistry) will be calculated by the Agency
- The percentile scores will be obtained by converting the raw marks into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees
- Instead of the raw marks scored, candidates Percentile marks will be used for preparation of the merit lists
- The Percentile Scores will be calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and reduce ties
- Candidates obtaining higher Percentile Score in Mathematics will get higher rank
- Candidates obtaining higher Percentile Score in Physics will get higher rank
- Candidates obtaining higher Percentile Score in Chemistry will get higher rank
- Candidates older in age will get higher rank
The NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.