NTA to declare JEE Main Examination results today
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will declare JEE Main Examination today, as per IE report. Quoting R Subrahmanyam, Secretary, Department of Higher Education, MHRD as saying, the report further said that the results would be declared on April 29 on its official website, jeemain.nic.in. Also, the report has quoted Vineeth Joshi, the Director General of NTA confirming the results will be announced today as per the schedule. According to the JEE Main time table available at the official website, the results of JEE Main paper 1 will be declared by Tuesday, April 30, and paper 2 (Architecture) by May 15, 2019. This year, over 9.35 lakh (9, 35,741) candidates had registered for the examination that was conducted from April 8 to 12, 2019. In the April session, a rise of 6,543 candidates for engineering courses has been registered. However, an exact reverse trend was observed in architecture courses where the number of registered candidates dropped from 1, 80,052 in January to 1, 69,767 in April with a dip of 10,285 students was registered.
The percentile scores, informed NTA, will be calculated up to seven decimal places to avoid ties. Based on this, a merit list will be prepared. In cases of a tie, or two students scoring the same percentile score, preference will be given to the candidate who has scored highest in mathematics. JEE Main score is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and even private engineering and architecture courses. A cut-off will also be released for the candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced exam which is an entrance gateway for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
The NTA has been set up as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission, and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations