NTA to release JNUEE and CEEB 2019 Admit Card on May 14
The National Testing Agency will release the Admit Card for the Jawaharlal Nehru University online entrance test (JNUEE) and Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CEEB) 2019 on May 14 (tomorrow), as per IE report. The candidates who are appearing for these examinations can download the Admit Card from the official website, njtajnu.nin.in. “The candidates are hereby informed that the downloading of Admit Card of JNUEE and CEEB – 2019 will take place from 14th May 2019. This has been done on account of extension of the last date of the online submission of Application Form of JNUEE and CEEB 2019 from April 15, 2019 to April 18, 2019 and payment of fee up to April 19, 2019,” read the official notification.
Steps to check and download Admit Card
- Visit the official website- ntajnu.nic.in
- Click on the ‘download admit card link’
- Enter registration number, roll number
- Results will appear on the screen
- Download it, and take a print out for further reference
This is the first time the NTA is holding the entrance test for the admission to the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The admission will be held for 3,383 seats including 1,043 for MPhil and PhD courses. The examination pattern for the entrance examination has changed. The test will be held on a computer-based format for the first time. It will be a three-hour long multiple-choice question (MCQ) based exam. The examination will be conducted from May 27 to 31, 2019. It will be held in two sessions, the morning session will begin at 9:30 .M., and the afternoon session will begin from 2:30 P.M.
The JNU students Union (JNUSU) has opposed the MCQ-based examination claiming, “the time-tested method of conducting JNU entrance exam assessing the different aspects of a student’s potential for learning and research has been replaced without any academic reasoning.” The format for the JNUEE 2019 will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) through a computer-based test. The JNUEE will be conducted in 127 cities across India. In previous years, the test has been conducted in around 51 cities, added the report.
The NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission, and recruitment purposes
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern technique
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India. To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations