Odisha Board of Secondary Examination 2019 begins from February 22
Odisha Board of Secondary Examinations or BSE, the annual Class 10 or High School Certificate (HSC) Examination or the Matriculation examinations 2019 will begin from February 22, as per a PTI report. The Board president Jahan Ara Begum told the news agency that the exams would be held till March 8, 2019.
The Odisha Matriculation examination will be held one day earlier than last academic year. Last year, the annual examinations had started on February 23, 2018. Begum also said the practical examinations of Class 10 students would be held between February 11 and February 16. Examinations equivalent to Matriculation such as the Madhyama for Sanskrit students and State Open School certificate examinations (for dropouts) will also be held during the same period, Begum pointed out.
As per PTI report, over six lakh students will appear in the HSC exams this academic year. The Odisha Council of Higher Secondary Education or Odisha CHSE has recently announced that the Class 12 or Plus two annual examinations will be held in the state from March 7, 2019. Last academic year, close to 608031 candidates had appeared for the Class 10 annual examinations at 2,818 centres.
New Examination Pattern
The Board has revised the examination pattern and syllabus for the HSC examination which will be conducted in 2019. The latest change has been introduced in the objective part of the question paper. The subjective part of the question paper will remain unchanged. As per the new pattern, the current three educational sets of question papers will be replaced by four parallel sets of questions. A student will have to secure a minimum of 15 qualifying marks in subjective and objective papers separately to pass an examination in each subject. The current distribution of scores will also be changed from 10 and five marks to 7 and eight marks respectively in both Social Science and General Science papers.
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha is a Body Corporate constituted under the Odisha Secondary Education Act, 1953. It regulates controls and develops Secondary Education in the State of Odisha. It Provides different courses to equip students for different occupations, to prepare them for University education and to equip them for various cultural purposes. It examines those who have completed a prescribed course of 753001, Odisha (India), study and awards certificates to the successful candidates. The Board started functioning in the year 1955 and is now located at Bajrakabati Road, Cuttack.
The Board organises the following educational programmes for the growth of the teachers and students to boost quality education in the state:
- Orientation programs for the in-service teachers by the subject teaching experts of the Board
- Conduct of seminars/workshops/ symposiums by the subject teaching experts of the Board
- Academic inspection of schools by the subject teaching experts of the Board
- Involvement of teachers in various academic programmes like the scheme of evaluation, review of text-books, and analysis of question papers, etc.
- Preparation of Sample questions for improvement of the examination tools
- Analysis of the H.S.C. Examination Results to provide feedback for quality improvement
- Training programs on library and information science
- Training of the papers setters and moderators in collaboration with the N.C.E.R.T., New Delhi by evaluation units
- The holding of book exhibitions
- Publication of quarterly Journal
- Award of different grants to schools for quality improvement
- Furniture grants
- Library Book grant
- Science Exhibition grant
- Headmaster conference grant