Times School of Media invites applications for one year PG Diploma in Business Journalism
The Times School of Media is inviting applications for admission to its newly launched Post-graduate Diploma in Business Journalism, a skill-based program geared to produce the next generation of business journalists. Business Journalism is a highly specialized and sought-after field in India. It needs trained journalists to work in business newspapers, business channels, and business websites. To meet this demand, the Times of India Group which own India’s top business media properties – The Economic Times, ET Now and Economictimes.com – has created a skill-based and industry-relevant program geared to produce the next generation of business journalists.
The program, prepared in consultation with editors of the Economic Times and ET Now Editors, prepares students to work as journalists in business newspapers, business TV channels, and business websites. By the end of the program, the students will be well versed in news writing, data mining and visualization, financial statement analyses, reading of budgets, review of profit and loss statements, and basics of corporate reporting. They would have learned the art of storytelling in print, audio and video formats. They would have been exposed to the working of financial markets and institutions and would have got a sense of the fundamentals of the Indian economy.
- Learn from a Faculty which has rich experience in business journalism, and is supported by the best minds in Business Media
- Study from a curriculum designed in consultation with the editorial team of Economic Times, the world’s largest business newspaper, ET Now, a top business TV channel and Economictimes.com, the biggest business website in India
- Create business reports, Podcasts, MoJo videos, Infographics, and photo essays, and publish them on www.timesofbennett.com, the student website, using the same content management system that the Times of India Group editors use
- Spend 60% of your time in state-of-the-art computer labs creating content with the latest version of media software that includes Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Illustrator, and Times CMS
- Participate in discussions on the latest developments in media with faculty members and top editors, directors, and managers of the Times Group
- Join field trips every semester to gather information and convert the data into news reports and bulletins
- Intern with a media organization for six to eight weeks. The Times School of Media organizes the internship
- Take advantage of Bennett University’s career services to explore employment opportunities
At the end of the program, you will be ready to work on three platforms: Business Newspapers, Business TV channels, and Business Websites. The Times School of Media brings together the best practices in curriculum, pedagogy, and research. Join the program and learn to question more as responsible media professionals
- One Year