WBBSE Madhyamik Examination begins
WBBSE – The Madhyamik examinations or Class X Board Examination of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) began on February 12 in the State with first language paper. The examinations will be over on February 22 with the examination for optional elective subjects, according to NDTV report.
Apparently, the Board has made arrangements to prevent any malpractices during the examination, said the report. What is more, the Board has also established a control room which began functioning round the clock from February 6 and it will function till February 22, noted the report.
Meanwhile, a PTI report said that the invigilators have been instructed to hand over their mobile phones to the venue-in-charge, a new move to plug any kind of malpractice. The examination will be held in only one paper each day from 11:45 am to 3:00 pm. The first fifteen minutes are strictly allotted to read the question papers. Students will be allowed to write answers from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
The Examination in Shorthand and Typewriting will be held at Kolkata and Siliguri only. The venue and date for the examination will be announced later by the Board, said the agency report. The examination for Sewing and Needlework will be of four hours and fifteen minutes duration.
The examination in Music Vocal and Music Instrumental will be of two hours fifteen minutes duration for the theoretical portion. The venue, date and time of the practical portion will be announced later. The examination for Computer Application will be for two hours and forty-five minutes for the theoretical portion. The practical examination for this paper will be conducted by the individual schools, added the report.
The Board has always been striving to achieve a people-friendly visage for the following:
- All sorts of examination and other administrative works save the management of schools is being done by the four Regional Council offices in Kolkata, Burdwan, Midnapore and North Bengal from 1974
- Conducting of Camp Offices in districts for distribution of examination related papers to the students and the concerned schools
- Publication of results of Secondary Examination on the website
- Operating help-lines during the examination
- Publication of Parshad Barta, an organ of the Board (from December 1974) which acts as a forum for sharing of experiences and views
- To promote and develop the aspect of secondary education in the state of West Bengal
- To act as the advisory organ to the state government on the matter of scientific advancement of secondary education
- To take steps to Recognise High Schools especially girls’ high schools so that students including girl students and those from far-flung areas get an opportunity to study after completion of their primary education
- To frame curricula and syllabi in consonance with the rapid changes in the socio-economic milieu of the country and the world.
- To conduct the secondary examination Better known as Madhyamik Pariksha after completion of class X which becomes the first public examination in the students’ life.
- To frame rules in order to ensure smooth transparent democratic and disciplined management of the schools which are recognized by the Board. By virtue of its position in the middle tier WBBSE also strives to harmonise, coordinate and link up the activities of West Bengal Board of Primary Education and West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.