Ask your questions on CAT – Common Admission Test and get expert advice!!

Question and AnswersCategory: MBA QuestionsAsk your questions on CAT – Common Admission Test and get expert advice!!
debolina asked 2 years ago

How the eligibility criteria for CAT is determined ?I am reading bsc hons in physics so when they will calculate my percentage will they only take the percentage of hons marks or the pass subjects will also include in that please please and

1 Answers
adminadmin Staff answered 2 years ago

While the basic eligibility to appear for CAT 2016 is a Bachelor’s degree in any stream, there are other criteria which a candidate must fulfill.

You must hold a Graduation degree, having 50 % marks or equivalent CGPA. (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) category) awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.

The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.

Candidates appearing for the final year of graduation degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute.